Hello! I hope you all had a wonderful extended weekend! We were able to tackle a bunch of much needed chores and begin some new and exciting projects. Can’t wait to share them with you! We also caught up with friends and simply enjoyed our long weekend. I feel like I haven’t blogged much lately, so I am really looking forward to life settling down a bit so I can get back to sharing all sorts of fun things!
Last week, the ever sweet and beautiful Brianne from Bourbon and Blonde Roast nominated me for the Liebster Award, a chain of nominations given to new bloggers by other bloggers. Pretty incredible, right?? I was super excited!! Brianne asked me to answer 11 questions to answer and provide 11 fun facts about myself. So here goes!!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration? My dad has always been a solid role model for me. He managed to raise us 3 kids while working multiple jobs and we all turned out pretty well 🙂 Right now I’m totally inspired by my friend Jayme who turned a small salon into one of the hippest and most sought after places in town. She continues to follow her dreams and worries about the rest later. I could take a page from her playbook. (Check out her salon’s beautiful web page here!)
2. Why did you start your blog? I started my blog shortly after having George as simply an outlet and a way to connect to the outside world. I had him in January and in Wisconsin that means short days (for light) and long days for a mom with a newborn. I knew post-partum depression could sneak in at any time as I have battled both anxiety and depression in my past. I was trying to find outlets that would help me remain connected and simply keep my mental health intact.
3. Where is your favorite vacation spot? I LOVE to travel. There are so many places I would love to go back to and spend more time. I loved St Simons Island in GA. We had an amazing time in Old Town Alexandria. But one of my “go to” places is Naples, FL. One of my dear friends lives there so we always have a place to stay and the hospitality and food are both incredible.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve? I am very noise sensitive. So when there are multiple medias on at the same time, I nearly lose my mind. (People watching videos on their phone while the tv sound is on… Having both a radio and TV going at the same time…)
5. If you could have your own version of Groundhog Day, what day in your life would you repeat? This is so hard! I would probably repeat Adam and my 2nd date. We spent it at his cabin and sat outside, listened to music, had cold beverages and just talked all day. It was so refreshing.
6. What’s does your morning routine look like? Alarm goes off 5:55, hit snooze a few times… Roll out of bed, brush teeth, pour George a glass of milk. Run upstairs, get George up and changed. Grab glass of milk, George, two granola bars and a can of Mtn Dew and out the door by 6:30.
7. What is your favorite beauty product? Right now I’m pretty much obsessed with Lip Sense. My sweet friend Jade sells it and I’m in LOVE with it. It’s a lip gloss/lip stain and it stays on through meals, drinks, kissing, etc. Mine usually lasts anywhere from 3-4 hours. Some can make it last longer. Hop over to Perfectly Posh with Jade and Mandi on Facebook and grab a lipgloss for yourself!!
8. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring 3 items, what 3 things would you bring with you? (I’m assuming I’ll already have George and Adam there…) I’d bring my toothbrush, a boat, and my cell phone.
9. What are the top 3 songs on your playlist? Right now I’ve been listening to “Mayday” by Cam, “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” – sung by Miley, and “Record Year” by Eric Church.
10. What are the 5 most loved items in your closet this season?
- Black peplum dress – Absolute staple (here)
- Stripes – One of my favorite trends this fall! (here and here).
- Military Vest – Always a favorite for me – paired perfectly with s striped dress (here and here)
- Plaid shirts (with a vest) – (here)
- Boots (Sorels and Wellies) (I want the Sorels, don’t have those quite yet!)
11. Coffee or Tea? – Ha! I don’t drink either. Mountain Dew.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- My two closest friends have been friends since before Kindergarten
- I love Twins baseball
- I’m deathly afraid of fish (I don’t eat anything that comes out of water)
- In 2010 I completed my Master’s Degree in education but have never applied for a job to teach school
- I’ve worked for the same company for 17 years
- I don’t like animals
- I wish I would have gone to interior design school. I’m obsessed with design
- I love doing laundry
- I don’t like movies
- We do Sunday dinner every week with Adam’s family. It’s one of my favorite things.
- I absolutely love going to town festivals.
While the Liebster is for “new” bloggers, these are some of my favorite and blogs that are new to me 🙂 So while you may have more than 200 followers, I just wanted to spread the love to a few of my new favorites. Go read their blogs, sign up for the newsletters… find them on social media and let others know about how awesome they are!
Here are your 11 questions:
- If money weren’t an issue, what would your ideal job be?
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
- What is the greatest piece of advice ever given to you?
- Who is your Doppelganger?
- If you had 24 hours left to live what would you do with it?
- What are your must haves for this fall season in your wardrobe?
- Who is your design/fashion/mom inspiration?
- What motivates you?
- If you could have someone do 1 chore for you for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Would you ever live in a Tiny house? why/why not?
- If you could meet a musical icon, who would it be?
Alright ladies! That’s it…you’re up! The Rules of the Liebster Awards are as follows:
- Mention who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (So I don’t know about this one for ya’ll, but I think it’s fine to answer them anyway 🙂 )
- List these rules in your post
- HAVE FUN!!
Can’t wait to read all of your posts!! I am so excited to get to know all of you a little better!
Thanks again Brianne at Bourbon Blonde Roast for nominating me!