A year after I had George, I joined a Bootcamp program that taught both healthy eating and fitness. While I had a pretty great foundation for fitness, I learned so much about food. I love to run and couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t lose weight when I was running 20+ miles a week. What I discovered is that Nutrition is 80% responsible for weight loss and Fitness is 20%. WHAT?! Lesson learned. “You cannot outrun your fork.”
The bootcamp I attended was put on by Lisa Simpson Rambo who was on the Biggest Loser Season 14. She is such an incredible coach and person. She has been through the journey and gets it. (If you’re in the St Croix Valley area, I would HIGHLY recommend her bootcamp!). One of her favorite recipes is Chicken Pizza. I wanted to share with you the recipe as it is such a great healthy alternative to regular pizza.
Chicken Pizza Recipe by: Lisa Simpson Rambo
- 1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon butter or oil
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 thin green pepper rings (optional)
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded
Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft
Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
- Preheat oven to 400
- Flatten the chicken breast to make it an even thickness all over.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the top of the chicken then top with the pepperoni, raw mushrooms and green pepper rings (toppings optional)
- Sprinkle the vegetables with a little more salt if you like.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes then top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is done to your liking