I absolutely love cooking, but as a mom of a toddler I don’t always have a ton of time to put together elaborate appetizers and meals. A dear friend of mine started bringing over these Cream Cheese Bacon Crescents a few years ago and I fell entirely in love with them. They are so delicious and absolutely easy to make! We’ve had a few get-togethers lately and these have been my go-to!
There are a few of these recipes out there (which involve chopping, cutting and prepping) but I believe that sometimes easier is better. My favorite recipe to follow is the Kraft recipe on their website.
Download and print the recipe card or pin to save for later! These cream cheese bacon crescents won’t disappoint.
What are your favorite go-to recipes? I would love to try something new!
When I saw the Hawaiian Ham Sliders recipe come across my Facebook feed last year, I knew this was one I HAD to try! I’ve had a pretty busy few weeks and when I found out we had company coming last Friday, I knew this recipe was perfect for my crowd! These are super easy and amazingly delicious! They are great for family dinners, as an appetizer or for football Sundays.
- 1 Pkg of 12 Kings Hawaiian Rolls
- 1/2 lb of Honey Ham
- 6 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray (or a cookie sheet works too!0
- Melt the butter and add the onions
- Stir in the Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard and Brown Sugar
- Slice the rolls, set the tops aside.
- Tip: Split the rolls into 6 and 6 and then slice the tops off
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in your baking dish/cookie sheet
- Add 1/2 of your butter/onion/seasoning mixture to the bottom of the rollws
- Next, layer on the ham
- Top the ham with the swiss cheese (coupon here!)
- Brush on the remaining butter mixture
- Then top with poppy seeds (I like a lot of poppy seeds!)
- Bake 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown
- Cut and serve the Hawaiian Ham Sliders
A year after I had George, I joined a Bootcamp program that taught both healthy eating and fitness. While I had a pretty great foundation for fitness, I learned so much about food. I love to run and couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t lose weight when I was running 20+ miles a week. What I discovered is that Nutrition is 80% responsible for weight loss and Fitness is 20%. WHAT?! Lesson learned. “You cannot outrun your fork.”
The bootcamp I attended was put on by Lisa Simpson Rambo who was on the Biggest Loser Season 14. She is such an incredible coach and person. She has been through the journey and gets it. (If you’re in the St Croix Valley area, I would HIGHLY recommend her bootcamp!). One of her favorite recipes is Chicken Pizza. I wanted to share with you the recipe as it is such a great healthy alternative to regular pizza.
Chicken Pizza Recipe by: Lisa Simpson Rambo
- 1 boneless chicken breast, pounded flat if thick
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 4 slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon butter or oil
- 2 fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 thin green pepper rings (optional)
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded
Makes 1 serving
Can be frozen but the peppers will get soft
Per Serving: 310 Calories; 16g Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs
- Preheat oven to 400
- Flatten the chicken breast to make it an even thickness all over.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the top of the chicken then top with the pepperoni, raw mushrooms and green pepper rings (toppings optional)
- Sprinkle the vegetables with a little more salt if you like.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes then top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the chicken is done to your liking